Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Questions about dimensions on 604B and 604G horns....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Questions about dimensions on 604B and 604G horns....

    Would anyone happen to have the following dimensions for these horns? I tried looking it up, but can't really find anything substantial.

    I am wanting to make some wooden ones for myself for a my pair of duplex's.

    Here's the dims I need:

    1) Inside of the mouth for one of the cells.

    2) Inside of the throat for one of the cells.

    3) Total length of one of the cells,down the center axis.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member LOUDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2010
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Questions about dimensions on 604B and 604G horns....

    Oface, I have a horn off of a 603. I'm pretty sure it's the same horn with just a different mounting system. The horn throat for one cell starts at 9/16's length is 3 and 3/16's, mouth opening is 1 and 15/16'. All in inches. If you also need the G horn I have one of those.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Questions about dimensions on 604B and 604G horns....

    Louder, you are awesome! If you could share the dims for the G I would be very grateful for that too!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    Thanks again,

    Chris

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LOUDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2010
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Questions about dimensions on 604B and 604G horns....

    Sorry it took me so long to get back. The holidays ! The throat is 15/16's hoz and 5/8's vert. Mouth is 1 and 7/8's horz and 1 and a quarter vert. Throat length is 2 and a quarter. All in inches. Remember your dealing with two different mounting systems with the two horns.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member LOUDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2010
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Questions about dimensions on 604B and 604G horns....

    Oface, I always wanted to adapt the 931-12 horn to my 605's. Seems like a much simpler build and is a better match to the 604 throat being 60 x40. And if you have to make the mouth shorter it already made all the moves.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Questions about dimensions on 604B and 604G horns....

    Hey louder, thank you for the information.

    Happy Holidays to you to as well!


    I do not know which way I am going to go. right now I am in the midst of packing up all my gear and household belongings and getting ready to close on my new house, so it has been a hectic holiday season for me and my family! I am looking forward to the new place, especially since it has a dedicated room for music/ht!

    Later!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.